Free Walking Tours Barcelona is a young, and dynamic company that promotes ecological and socially responsible tourism in Barcelona. Constantly growing, and adapting to new situations, we are looking for creative, team-oriented and enthusiastic new members of our team.
We are currently looking for an Intern position to assist the Tours Coordinator with the management of daily operations.
This internship will involve working outdoors and indoors, interacting with travelers from all over the world, and working with hostel partners and freelance guides to ensure the proper organization and smooth running of the daily tours offered in Barcelona. That’s why emotional intelligence, and communication skills are indispensable for the profile we are looking to include in our team.
The selected candidate should:
– Have/be studying a bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Hospitality, Business Admin., Economics (or similar)
– Be able to sign “convenio de prácticas” in Spain for at least 6 months
– Be organized, efficient, and results-driven
– Be social and have a strong sense of customer service, and leadership skills
– Be able to present ideas clearly and concisely, practice active listening skills
– Have previous cash handling experience
– Be computer literate, mandatory high level in Excel
– Be able to use modern technology efficiently
– Be active in social media and aware of social media trends
– Speak at least English and Spanish fluently (other languages are always a plus)
– Have a desire to offer a more socially responsible and eco-friendly tourism
– Assist to the Tours Coordinator with daily operations
– Ensure the smooth running of the Tours’ Start Point
– Assist with the company’s Social Media Management
– Assist with the company’s Partner Relations
– Conduct market research
This internship will prepare the individual to coordinate and direct large groups of people with excellent customer service, publish quality Social Media, implement company policies, assist with partner relationship management, conduct market research, and foment a more responsible Tourism Industry.
Free Walking Tours Barcelona is offering an internship position for 20-30 hours a week for 6 or 9 months (flexible) with the possibility for employment at the conclusion of the internship.
If you are looking for a professional experience in tourism in the most exiting city on the Mediterranean and you consider that you match the profile, don’t hesitate to apply!